Fórum nápovědy

Seznam

Unable to see GPX trail when switching to "Directions"

Troll 81

7.6.2022 v 8:48

When i upload a GPX file i can see the trail on the map. But once i hit "directions button to start editing my route the trail disappears. Its annoying to say the least. The feature was working fine in 2021 when i was able to upload GPX file and see them while editing. This allowed me to:
- Create a route i was not walking yet (i was able yto uplad multiple GPX files and see them allat once which was great)
- Retrace a rute i was walking (and send a nice URL to my friends so they can use it on their trips)

right now the number of GPX upload got limited and i am no longer able to edit a route and see GPX trails at the same time on one map.
I hope this functionality will return (i would love to see more GPX files being able to upload)

Jakub • Mapy.cz

10.6.2022 v 8:36

relevantní
Good morning, any your trail you can share and send nice link to your friend or export as gpx. In one moment you can do recording of your current route and plan other route or view any track from your folders (My maps). You are right in one moment you cant see gpx file and route which you are curently preparing during planning.

We will do some changes in folder My maps so after couple weeks you will be able to see geometry of all routes in one moment.

Troll 81

3.7.2022 v 17:25

Any particular date You have in mind?

Jakub • Mapy.cz reagoval na příspěvek od Troll 81

15.7.2022 v 14:17

Sorry, we have a lot of new features in a list of changes, we will work on it during Winter. Anyway thank you very much for any your recommendation, it helps us a lot to make mapy.cz better.

Troll 81

10.12.2022 v 17:48

Winter is about to start so any plans to get it implemented?

13.12.2022 v 10:44

Hello, sorry, many other work. Now we are preparing concept of new My maps, it will be there also your problem.

Troll 81

15.2.2023 v 18:44

any timelines for new version?

Troll 81

29.5.2023 v 18:12

Hello. Any news on the new version?

8.6.2023 v 16:47

Hello, in website portal: My maps you can see geometry of all routes also your content in folders in My maps you can sort by alphabet, dates.

Troll 81

16.6.2023 v 23:24

It seems not to show up some trails that i imported. But apart from that once i click "directions" all my routes are gone :( it makes planning a new route difficult.

19.6.2023 v 14:12

Hello, in website first you need to import all your routes to your folder My maps. If these routes are in My maps, you can see there geometry of all routes.

If you will do planning of route geometry of any your saved/ imported routes will not be shown. Easiest way now is to open in two windows. We will think if we can do it better.

Troll 81

20.6.2023 v 0:01

Hello. While importing the routes , it seems not all of them get imported so i am working on getting them all on the map.

Second thing is that when i pres directions all the routes disappear from the map :(

k4be

21.7.2023 v 8:48

Hello. I have same problem that the OP has. I am looking for a way to do route planning using GPS trails as a background for guidance. There is a nice set of red lines visible after GPX import (without saving). Clicking "Directions" causes them all to disappear. The same happens with routes saved in "My maps".
Now my workaround is to draw my path on JOSM, but it's troublesome as it will not "snap" to existing paths and will not allow easy route corrections.

Jakub • Mapy.cz reagoval na příspěvek od k4be

21.7.2023 v 14:55

Understand. We are inserting your problem into the list of possible future features.

Troll 81

1.8.2023 v 18:30

Any ideas when will it be working? Before 2022 i was able to upload all of my trail at once without logging in and then switch to directions an i could easily plot the path i have not visited yet. Now I 1) need to log in, 2) importing all of the files still does not seem to work, 3) i am limited to 40mb per upload 4) switching to directions clears my GPX routes and switching back to my maps clears the plan i was creating in directions section. It has been a while and plenty of changes done so when would that be fixed? I am ok with logging in and 40mb upload limit but once i upload my gpx files i would like all of them to be displayed and work on the new trips to make to travel the paths i did not walked yet.

4.8.2023 v 16:37

Hello. In almost all apps and map portals you need to log in to import routes.

This feature is in a list of new features, but we have prioritized other features which we are preparing now. We will look at this new feature but it will take some time. Thank you for understanding.

Troll 81

7.8.2023 v 20:24

I understand the part about logging in. I know it will take a while and i do not expect it to be here in a month. But i would appreciate an ETA for this to be implemented. Especially hat it was working just fine before changes. In citystrides i can attach my strava account and somehow import all the routes i walked (or ran) and display all at once on the map (citystrides.com) . in Mapy CZ i am unable to upload all my trailer (even when splitting them into 40MB batches which is just tiring) So the upload is not working as it should be. And Displaying the trails while plotting new one is still broken (for a looooong time now)

Troll 81

31.12.2023 v 14:16

Any progress on this issue? At least ETA for resolution? it has been a while since introduction of change that took away quite an important functionality. Ability to display all my routes (at least most of them) while plotting the new route was my favorite feature of mapy.cz.

Jakub • Mapy.cz

8.1.2024 v 8:26

Sorry, still in a list, we are doing other features with higher priority. Thanks for understanding.

Troll 81

21.4.2024 v 20:03

Any new regarding this functionality? It was real a useful thing to have. I do not understand why it is gone now when it was working before.

m.fessler

9.5.2024 v 1:33

Hello,

I'm new to mapy.cz.
Do I understand correctly, it is not possible to import a GPX route and then navigate based on it?
Is it known when this feature will be available?

Thanks and greetings,
Martin

Nový dotaz

Přiložené přílohy

Zbývá 12MB (z 12MB)

Unable to see GPX trail when switching to "Directions"

Přiložené přílohy

Zbývá 12MB (z 12MB)