Fórum nápovědy

Seznam

Map update intervals

Matic K.

16.8.2022 v 14:42

Hi, I would like to check a few things about the map update intervals:

1. How often do general features (e.g. new buildings, roads, paths, etc.) get updated/become visible on Mapy? In FAQ it says "The basic map is usually updated once a week for the Czechia; 1x per month for the rest of the world."

However, I corrected a road name more than 1 month ago, but the change still doesn't seem to be visible in Mapy?

On the other hand, I noticed that basic nodes/single-point POIs inserted on OSM become visible as early as 1-2 days later, which is really impressive!

2. How often do offline maps get updated?

Thanks!

Ircdodko reagoval na příspěvek od Jakub

30.3.2023 v 18:14

A predpoklad kedy bude fungovať bežný interval?

Ircdodko

16.4.2023 v 12:45

Aktualizácia POI neprebehla už viac ako 15 dní.
Kedy bude dokončená zmena hardware?

Moja chyba kontroloval som POI na turistickej vrstve a ten konkrétny POI z 1.4. sa zobrazuje len na základnej vrstve.
K 17.4. zobrazuje POI z 9.4.

k4be

14.5.2023 v 12:28

OSM updates to Mapy.cz typically used to take some 2 months. From an outsider's perspective it looked like this:
- Someone from Mapy.cz takes a snapshot of OSM data containing changes from last month.
- Someone from Mapy.cz manually reviews all the changes, taking about a month to finish.
- The one-month-old data gets rendered and released to the public.
But now the map is strangely stuck in a late 2022 version. I hope this gets resolved finally :)

Matic K. reagoval na příspěvek od k4be

15.5.2023 v 21:36

More like every 4 months or so in the past 8 months... I really hope they will overcome the technical issues soon and start providing frequent map tile updates - ideally at least once a month.

Happy to see that they finally updated the map tiles of Web Mapy just today. But they still include the data only up until March 30 or so. That means by now the map tiles data is already 1.5 months behind.

The Mobile Mapy (and offline maps) still uses the data from around January 4, 2023.

Jakub • Mapy.cz

16.5.2023 v 9:40

Hello, yes, you are right, still same problem with technical issues. We were almost solving everything. Fo raster we already partly generated data from spring. New data will be in raster and vector till end of May.

k4be

7.6.2023 v 20:12

We're happy to inform you that we've finished mapping several cycling and hiking trails in our area and uploading the data to OSM. I hope Mapy.cz (apparently the most popular map here) users will be able to access this data soon.
And some of the trails are still waiting to be mapped :)

Jakub • Mapy.cz reagoval na příspěvek od k4be

8.6.2023 v 16:07

Hello, could you send me url of one of your new trail? When we will create new dataset we will check if everything is right and your trail is in data. Thanks a lot.

k4be reagoval na příspěvek od Jakub

8.6.2023 v 19:57

relevantní
Please take these two I've created as examples:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/15871393
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/15919912
There are probably around 30 new trails (mostly network=lwn) added by multiple mappers across Poland in this effort.

Matic K. reagoval na příspěvek od k4be

15.6.2023 v 19:08

relevantní
Just today they updated both Web Mapy and Mobile Mapy (offline) map tiles with OSM data up to May 23. So if your trails had been mapped before May 23, they should presumably be visible in Mapy now. For those mapped after May 23 you will have to wait until the next tile update. (I'm still hoping that in the future they will be doing at least monthly tile updates for both Web and Mobile Mapy.)

Matic K.

23.10.2023 v 12:31

Hello,

May I know when can we expect an OFFLINE MAPS update?

The current map tiles are from May 23, which is exactly 5 months ago now. This is a very long time and I really hope an update is coming in the next couple of days, and much more regularly from then on.

Thanks

Nový dotaz

Přiložené přílohy

Zbývá 12MB (z 12MB)

Map update intervals

Přiložené přílohy

Zbývá 12MB (z 12MB)